In 1905 when the fire alarm rang, men ran for the station, and kept on running. This picture of the Ligonier Fire Department was taken while running to a fire.
Our fire department has grown from a few men in 1905 to 1915 when 45 volunteer men belonged to the Hook and Ladder Company. In 1917, the department received their first motorized apparatus. At the present time, there are 23 volunteers and 3 career fire fighters that are well trained and experienced in fire fighting and life saving. They make Ligonier proud.
Location: East side of the Fire Station
Artist: Peggy Tassler
Sponsors: City Merchants